You will need a router and a SIM card to be able to connect to the internet. This will be provided to you in store at the point of purchase. A member of our retail team will be able to configure your SIM card and router at the point of purchase. However, if you ever need to undertake a manual reset of the router, please follow the guideline below.
- Install your Sure SIM card and then your router into the power supply. You can connect your router to your computer or tablet via Wi-Fi or by using the Ethernet cable included in the box. If using Wi-Fi, the details can be found on the small sticker on the bottom of the router
- Once connected, opem your preferred web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. You will then be promoted to log in. Enter the details as follows:
Then click “login”
- Once you have logged in, click on the “Quick Setup” tab which is found in the left hand side of the screen. Click “next” on the first screen and then click “next” agin
- Click on the “Create” button and enter the following settings:
Profile Name: Sure
PDP Type: IPV4
APN Type: Static
Authentication Type: CHAP
* Please leave these fields blank
- Click on “save” and then “next”. You are then taken to the following screen:
This is where you can set your Wi-Fi network name and add a password
- You should now be connected to the internet.
Where in the Home should I place my 4G Home Broadband Router?
The best place to position the 4G Home Broadband Router is in the middle of the home rather than at one end. That said, it’s worth experimenting by putting the device in different positions to see where the router receives the strongest 4G signal from our network.